Monday, July 31, 2006

I Want. I Need.

I want to eat dinner at PF Changs.
I want to become a better leader.
I want to get my golf handicap into single digits.

I need God.

I want to put in hard wood floors in my living room.
I want to continually improve as a husband to my incredible wife.
I want my teeth whitened.

I need God.

I want my dad to stop drinking.
I want to memorize the Sermon on the Mount.
I want a Nissan Armada.

I need God.

I want to be a better teacher for my kids.
I want a Palm 700 Smart Phone.
I want to finish Practicing Greatness by Reggie McNeal.

I need God.

I want patio furniture.
I want my son to have a wife as wonderful as mine.
I want to get my doctorate.

I need God.

I want to learn to play the guitar.
I want my brother to live close to me.
I want a projection tv/surround sound system in our family room.

I need God.

I want my girls to never doubt my love for them.
I want to improve as a preacher.
I want to visit the Holy Lands.

I need God.

I want to take my family on an incredible vacation.
I want my church to know I love Jesus more than ministry.
I want to make a difference in the lives of those I love.

I need God.

I want...

I need God.

God is all I want.

3 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Great post Preach.

Amy C said...

If you want to visit the Holy Lands and have a guided tour, go visit my grandfather across the street from RHCC and take your slide projector and an afternoon. He will tell you all about it. He worked hard all his life and to my knowledge only got on a plane once and would never do it again only to walk on the same ground that Christ did and to see the places that he has read about for so long. He is 94 years old. If you want to sit at the feet of greatness and soak it in. Go visit him. You might even go away wanting more of just one thing.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I want... to hear hear from you.