Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Macro Missions

I reminded our staff this morning that the Church doesn't have a mission. The mission has a church. It is so hard to keep our focus on the big picture and not get bogged down in "church work" Only God has the energy needed to fuel the mission that he initiated. And it is so much bigger than how we often use the term. Mission is not simply evangelism and church growth. It involves joining God in his work of social justice, redeeming the lost, loving the lonely, healing the hurting, and restoring creation to it's rightful relationship with it's creator.

I want my days to be consumed with something bigger than programs or even people.

I want the presence of God. It is His mission.

I want to be His man!

1 comment:

Stephen Bailey said...

..."the Church doesn't have a mission. The mission has a church."
Great words! So difficult to remember! Thaks for the reminder.