Saturday, June 05, 2004

Friends Like "Fella"

Today I will be blogging a response to an e-mail comment that I received from Ronnie Washington. Ronnie doesn't have e-mail so this is the only way he will know that I received it.

Ronnie,

It is great to hear from you! I've always kept a framed letter that you, Jeff, and Sam wrote to me on my desk. I think of you often and it is always with a smile. We had so many good times didn't we? I could never forget you! Who else do I know that named himself "Fella" and who else do I know would wear my white t-shirts even though they were frappin 18 sizes to big for you? Dude, every time I drive by a Captain D's I think of that dumb game we used to play where you and Jeff would slug the crap out of me.

So what's up? Tell me about your marriage. How is Jeff? What is he up to? What about Sam? How is your grandma? Ya'll still in Huffsmith?

So, Ronnie, I know you don't have e-mail and this is the only way that you're going to know I received your e-mail - Well I did. And I praise God that you found me. Of course, the only thing I really ever wanted for you and Jeff and Sam was to find Jesus. I know you started that journey when I baptized you all but I don't know if you're still on the road with Him.

I am ... it is an amazing life!


For my Joy & King,

- Joel

Joel G. Quile
Crosswind Ministries
Director of Ministry Development
joel@jeffberry.org
325.673.7729 ext 14
-----Original Message-----
From: ronnie "washington" carroll [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 10:59 PM
To: jgq03a@acu.edu
Subject: [Joel Quile's Blog] 6/3/2004 08:58:55 PM


Joel,it's being a long time.And you might not remember exactly who I am,so let me refresh your memory.Me and my brother Jeff,used to be in the youth group,at Tomball Church Of Christ.We were the only black kids in the youth group.We stayed over in Huffsmith,with our grandmother.We also stayed with you,when you were staying in the brick house! Right across from the washerteria,not to far from the police station.You remember Tyron,he was the one who actually,brought us to Tomball Church Of Christ.This might help also,can you remember the time we went to astroworld,and sam put the church van in reverse and almost hit another car, or what about the time we went to"ACU"and seen that group accupella.So any way I had seen"Andy Chastein".And I ask him have he heard from you,and he told me that he email you,told me how to go and search for you.He also told me that your were back at"ACU".So hows the family.Tell"Kim"I said hello.As for me,I also got married in"April".Me,and my wife had our one year anniversare.Every thing is"a"okay.I want to say thanks for always being their,when we needed it the most.What can I say,you was like a father to us.You took us in,as though we were one of your own.And thanks you I am,the man "God want me to be.Not only did you show,me and my brother what life really means.But what it takes to live a life.Thank You.I don't have an email at this time.But what I can do is check your email just to see if you got this meaasge. Ronnie Washington.

--
Posted by ronnie "washington" carroll to Joel Quile's Blog at 6/3/2004 08:58:55 PM

No comments: