Sunday, January 27, 2008

Consistency

I'm watching Tiger Woods right now. Tiger is on the verge of winning his fourth Buick Invitational in a row. I'm on the verge of falling asleep. I pick up my laptop and notice the link on my igoogle homepage that reads: blogger. I realize that I haven't blogged in a long time.

There was time in my life when I was much more consistent in my posting. I often wonder if those days will ever return. It sure seems unlikely if my current pace and priorities remain the same. But I'll be honest with the three of you reading this, I'm alright with it. Sure I miss it but obviously not enough to change it.

Which leads me to back to Tiger. I've come to realize that his greatness is directly related to his incredible consistency. Some golfers rise up and win a tournament or two, but Tiger is winning tournaments with mind boggling consistency. Bottom line is that he is a machine!

Which leads me back to me. I'm not a machine so I'm going to get some much needed rest. Come to think of it...I consistently get less sleep than I should.

What is it that you do consistently? What is it you do infrequently that you wish you did more consistently?

No comments: