Thursday, December 09, 2004

Not So Quiet Today

God screamed these words to me today in my "quiet" time.

It wasn't quiet. Loud and clear, but not quiet.

Paul to Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:1-5

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God - having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."

Two questions arise from this passage:

1. Isn't this a description of most of the human race for the past 8,000 years? Doesn't sound too "last" to me.

2. How do I have "nothing to do with" myself?

No comments: