Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Slim Lancaster


Slim & Kieth

Yesterday a good friend (as opposed to a bad friend) of mine, Sam Middlebrook posted a blog about getting a music card for his Ipaq and then detailed numerous groups that he had been listening to that day.  I felt compelled by the Spirit (read: wasting time trying to be funny) to make the following comments (in italics):

What? No Emenim or Acapella? I'm disappointed in you Sam. Will the real Sam Middlebrook please stand up? By Joel Quile, at 7/20/2004 08:14:49 AM

Then Sam replied:
Amazingly enough, neither of those are on my playlist. I'd rather hear Andy Griffith cover Dave Matthews, or something like that. By Sam Middlebrook, at 7/20/2004 08:17:59 AM

Then a friend (hopefully a good one) of Sam's dropped in this jewel that I had to share with you:

Oh come one Sam, there could be nothing better than fusing those two artists together. Just think of what it could be..."Sorry mama, I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean to make you cry but tonight I'm cleaning out my closet...'cause I'm teaching the truth in love, telling it like it is, while holding pure motives, and showing that we care, are we teaching the truth in love... Stop the tape! This kid needs to be locked away, Dr. Dre, don't just stand there, OPERATE! I'm not ready to leave, it's too scary to die, I'll have to be carried inside the cemetery and buried alive...but you come to my rescue, rescue, rescue, rescue. Lord You care and You've become my friend. Amazing love whose boundaries have no end. And Lord You show what a greater love can do. By being there for my rescue...Ha ha, Guess there's a Slim Shady in all of us"Now that is a hit song! Question: Does that play on CCM stations or Top 40 stations?? - Russell

Well, Russell got me thinking (a rarity I know) about what would be the greatest combination of artist that I could imagine.  The first that came to my mind was AC/DC & Clay Aiken.  But wait there is more.  Wouldn't you like to hear these musical projects?:

Ludicrous and Michael W. Smith (and friends are friends for $&*@#*^! ever)
Hillary Duff & Ozzy Osborne  (Why not ride the Crazy Train?)
Pat Boone & D12  (Ain't that a shame to sneak in with this many heaters in our jeans?)
Hoobastank & Hanson  (Did you give it your best Hmmm Bop?)
G-Unit &  Garth Brooks (I got friends on the stage in the Bahamas with AK's)

Well, you get the idea.  So my fellow bloggerites the choice is yours.  Who would you like to see?  What would be your "dream" joint production?  Let's hear it!



6 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

you aint right and you know it.

Sam Middlebrook said...

1. Kenny Rogers and Pavoratti

2. Carlos Santana and Dr. Jack Boyd (an old ACU Reference)

3. Manute Bol and Gary Coleman (entirely different subject)

4. Tammy Wynette and Metallica

5. Joshua Redman and Nine Inch Nails

6. Barry White and Creed (Think Barry singing two octaves down "Can you take me higher..."

Val said...

Conway Twitty + P. Diddy= P. Twitty or Conway Diddy
Hayseed Dixie + Cross Canadian Ragweed= Hayseed Ragweed
Harry Connick + Mariah Carey= Harry Carey !?
Van Halen + Air Supply= Van Supply
Clay Aiken + Jars of Clay= Clay of Clay
Clint Black + Blues Brothers= Black and Blue
Ice T + Vanilla Ice= Ice Ice
Courtney Love + Lyle Lovett= Love Lovett
Marc Cohn + Motorhead= Cohn Head
Beastie Boys + Stevie Wonder= Boy Wonder

Val said...

As a quick follow-up, I wanted to explain who Hayseed Dixie is. They are a blue-grass band that started out doing AC/DC covers and now also do some covers of other groups as well as some original stuff (i.e. Keeping Your Poop in a Jar). It is bizarre to hear familiar songs done so differently.

Corey said...

Just to back Val up, Hayseed Dixie may be the most intriguing band ever to come out of Deer Lick Holler, Tennessee. Their covers of Kiss' "Lick it Up" and "Calling Dr. Love" are beyond classic.

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Puff Daddy + Dragonslayer (local band) = Puff Dragon (where's the magic?)
Matchbox Twenty + 50 Cent = Twentyfive Cent
Baby Face + Dixie Chicks = Baby Chicks
R.Kelly + 2Pac + U2 = R2U2
Godsmack + Hillary Duff = Smack ya Duff
Snoop Dog + Limp Bizkit = Dog Biskit
Fleetwood Mac + Notorious B.I.G = B.I.G. MAC
Barbara Streisand + Linda Rondstatt = Ludicrous 2 !!!