Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him

If you haven't heard the rendition of "Come Let Us Adore Him" by Matt Redman on Passion '04 then you really haven't heard this song as it was meant to be proclaimed. WOW! This song is part prayer - part proclamation, and all Powerful!

Yesterday was another beautiful gift from God. Getting to sit in a staff meeting with Mike Cope, Steve Hare, Joe Almanza and the other amazing servants that I partner with at Highland is spiritually spoiling me. I learned more about being missional (not just in name) from lunch with Hare than in the three most recent books I read on the subject. Praise God for that guy!

Getting to work with Jeff Berry is not below average either. Godly, humble, and brilliant come to mind. God has really forged a strong friendship between us for which I'm so grateful.

My wife is the most giving, caring person I've ever met. If I had a dollar for everytime I saw Jesus clearly portrayed in her actions I'd make Bill Gates look like a pauper. Marriage to her is like winning a million dollars on a lottery ticket that cost you a buck. I get much more than I give in my marriage.

The time our family spends around our dinner table is sacred and holy. The conversation is almost always rich and the laughter is usually out of control. A good rule of thumb is that someone is going to either have some part of their food/drink come shoot out of their nose or almost lodge itself in their throat at some point in the meal. I'm so blessed! My kids are amazing!

Went to Grace last night...Luke was bringing the wood! By far and away the best I've ever heard him proclaim the gospel. I was uncomfortable and yet grateful if that makes any sense.

Kim and I worked on a project until almost midnight and when my head hit the pillow I remember thinking that while I was so wiped out from the day, I was still so thankful for the events of my day. I remember praying that if I got another day that I would use it to "Adore Him"

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him

Christ the Lord!





No comments: