Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Speaking of Speaking

One of the richest blessings of my life is getting to travel and preach the gospel to people all over the nation. These past couple of months I've been blessed to speak in Marlow, OK -- Sweetwater, TX -- Brownwood, TX -- Santa Cruz, CA -- Redwood City, CA -- Austin, TX -- and San Antonio, TX. In fact, Kim and I just returned from San Antonio yesterday and I have got to say that the Oak Hills Church is an amazing community of faith! I'm speaking there again in February '05 and cannot wait. (I might even get one more opportunity between now and then!) Bob Russell preached that morning and Tim Kimmel did a parenting conference that same Sunday so needless to say, I wasn't the main attraction.

But let me tell you the speaking engagement I enjoy best.

On the drive home from San Antonio Kim and I shared 4+ hours of beautiful conversation (although it was quite interrupted - another blog altogether). When we returned home we decided to do something spontaneous with our girls (I know that it might be hard for many of you to imagine me doing anything spur of the moment - just go along with the story...) so we sat the girls down and told them how incredible they were. (John's incredible too but we was at work at the airport so his incredibleness was not rewarded). Telling them how incredible they are is the speaking that I love the most. Then after my little incredible speech - Kim announced that because they are so incredible we were taking them to see The Incredibles (which was an incredible movie - "totally wicked!")

Yes I love speaking about Jesus all over the nation. But I like it better in my home.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

joel,

let me post a definition for you. foreshadowing: adj : indistinctly prophetic [syn: adumbrative, prefigurative] n : the act of providing vague advance indications; representing beforehand [syn: prefiguration, adumbration].

in your blog: "On the drive home from San Antonio Kim and I shared 4+ hours of beautiful conversation (although it was quite interrupted - another blog altogether)." this is a definite formula pattern for foreshadowing.

However, I check back and get spiritual and emotional stuff (which like politics dominate most blogs). Where is the foreshadowed story? Where is your blog etiquette?