Thursday, February 19, 2004

I'm Calling My Shot

I hate to do this. I really do. I'm going to make a prediction here. Man this kills me to say. Okay here goes:

Barry Bonds will be charged by the Feds for steroid use in the near future AND
people will see his homerun record and all the other records and accomplishments of the past few years as a sham AND
there will forever be an asterisk next to his name in the history books of baseball AND
it didn't have to happen.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do. But I've always lived by a quote that Barry once said in regards to his expertise pitch selection - "The game has disciplined me" meaning that he didn't use to be so selective but he got tired of swinging at bad pitches. In other words - he either had to do it right or strike, pop or ground out.

If it is proven that Barry is guilty it will be a shame.

But the game always disciplines us doesn't it?

No comments: