Thursday, March 17, 2005

Life in the Fog

I'm typing this blog entry on my cell phone while I'm driving from Abilene to Dallas. If that wasn’t dangerous enough it is currently so foggy out that I can barely see the cars ahead of me.

But I'm not complaining ... I am listening ... to God. And He is teaching me some terrific truth:

1. When in the fog, your confidence comes from not being able to clearly see your destination but from knowing you're on the right road.

2. In the fog it matters more than ever who you are following. The person in front of you can lead you to your destination or of a cliff.

3. It is the low spots on the journey that are the foggiest.

4. When in the fog it is a good to stay as focused as possible on the task at hand. Distractions can be deadly.

5. The fog won't last forever. I know, I just came through it.

You know, the Son never looked so good.

No comments: