Friday, January 02, 2004

Crafty Veteran

Today is the day of reckoning for Kim's Craft Room. I have turned my anal, organizing, labeling, categorizing self into high gear and decided to help my wife finally "move in" to her craft room. I say "craft room" but it is more like "craft shed" as it is a portable building out in our back yard. But Kim loves it and that is all that counts. We are going to get cracking after we take a walk. I love walking with my wife but am not a big fan of walking in general. Walking reminds me that I'm officially old. When I was a kid, and even as a teen, I would run every where. The baseball game at the park a mile and a half away? I was running. The door bell rang? I ran to see who it was. I was like Forrest Gump when I was a kid? Now I'm like a slow motion replay. The house could be on fire and I'm walking out through the flames. Sad.

I am still trusting God for a job this year. Not where I wanted to be on Jan 2 but it is where I am at and I will rejoice inspite of the circumstances. If I was working I wouldn't have all this time to write the minutiae of my life for the free world to see.

No comments: