Thursday, January 01, 2004

New Year Buzz . . . No Not Like That.

Happy New Year! I began the year by shaving my head and my face. Yes, I'm serious. Emily had never seen me without a goatee and Laura was like three when I last shaved. We celebrated our first "normal" New Year's Eve (without staying up all night with about 90 of our closest friends) and it was subdued to say the least. We were so lost. Camp Chaos is in our veins. We did video tape our family screaming as the ball dropped and then me shaving my head. That is not the same as video taping Alan Bastyr jumping off a ladder and squishing a giant cardboard head.

This is going to be a good year. I know it. I can tell because I have been feeling so attacked by the enemy all day. I know he is trying to keep my eyes off of the prize which is Christ. My prayer for the year is simply to get a job, for my mother in law's cancer to go away, and to make positive progress on my Masters.

Can anyone remember the hype of Y2K? Isn't that just how life is? We get all worked up over nothing and let the important things slip right on by?

May your 2004 be filled with the important things.

No comments: