Saturday, January 10, 2004

Don't Be Hate'n

I did housework today. Didn't mind at all.

When I was a kid I did housework. Hated it with a passion.

Same chores, different attitudes. What's up with that?

Some would call it growing up. Some would call it pride of ownership. Some would call it the evolution of an attitude (ok, I don't know who would call it evolution of an attitude - and I just made up that term and have never heard it used before but I'm sure some would call it that nonetheless) but I'm calling it something different.

Stewardship from the perspective of a parent.

As a kid you have stuff that you "recieved" from someone else. You don't "give" a lot of stuff away.

When a parent gives something to a kid, especially if it is very valuable, they want to see the child take care of it. At least Kim and I do.

God feels the same way.

God gave us a house and today I took care of it. I know how good I feel when I see my kids take good care of the things we give them.

I'm confident that God feels the same way.

No comments: